Welcome to Dentistry for Children! We specialize in the pediatric dental treatment of children from birth through the teens, and focus on creating healthy, beautiful smiles. Make an appointment at one of our convenient locations throughout the Atlanta area and ensure that your child is getting the highest quality of pediatric dental care available!
- What can I do to help my child during teething?
Try these tips to sooth teething pain:
- Massage your baby’s gums with a clean finger, moistened gauze pad or damp washcloth.
- Give something to chew on. We recommend teething rings made of firm rubber rather than the liquid filled variety.
- Try something cold. A wet washcloth put in the freezer or chilled teething ring or pacifier can be soothing on a baby’s gums. Please do not give your baby a frozen teething ring, as extreme cold may be harmful.
- Try baby Tylenol or baby Motrin. If your baby is especially cranky, acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) might help. We do not recommend soothing gels or creams as they wash off quickly and can become harmful if too much is swallowed.